In " recommendations " for a number of helpful tips on caring for your cacti and succulents , and "treatments" will learn what products to use to control pests and fungi .
Hope you find them useful many .
* The potted cactus thrive best whose size is slightly larger than its diameter.
* Should renew part of the land and partially cut the root every 2 years.
* Hire a substrate with good drainage but this involves watering more frequently.
* In the months of strong insolation and temperature, cactus appreciate the shade in the heat strong .
* Although extreme drought support cactus does not mean they like going thirsty , let alone when greenhouses are grown , so it is true that in our latitude , I mean the Mediterranean coast , be forced to complete rest irrigation in the winter months .
* In times of intense cold, it is desirable that the land of cactus is as dry as possible .
* Avoid puddling both low and high temperatures.
* If your irrigation water is very hard, lowers the PH occasionally with a weak acid (eg lemon juice) .
* Begin to fertilize just before the arrival of good weather , always in small doses because most of the cacti are slow growing .
* Fertilizers are identified with three numbers, for example : ( 5 - 10 - 15) , the first figure is the percentage of nitrogen , the second that of phosphorus and the third potassium. I advise a balance ( 10-05 - 20) or similar at a dose of 1 g / liter every 15 days or so . This type of fertilizer usually wear although not indicated, to a lesser extent , other nutrients such as iron, manganese , molybdenum , etc. . also called micronutrients , which are a necessary complement .
* You do not need the use of fertilizer in time to rest.
* To keep your seeds until planting time comes you must store them in the freezer at -25 ° , so long preserved the germination (some exceptions whose seeds have to be sown very fresh , eg . Frailea )
It should be noted that the recommendations made below to the care and control of pests from your plants are of a general nature and above all we must be extremely careful with the responsible and observe the safety rules in the use of any the matters referred below.
FUNGUS TREATMENTS :
Thiophanate methyl + MACOZEB : controlling diseases such as septoria , botrytis , powdery mildew , fusarium , brown rot , Cercospora .
Carbendazim : Cercospora , Fusarium .
METALAXIL + PULL : Phytoptora , mildew , alternaria .
Benalaxyl + + FOLPET Cymoxanil : Mildius
TREATMENTS INSECTS :
METHYL CHLORPYRIFOS : control aphids, scale insects , and other Homoptera psyllas , tripses , cydia ( or worm hole fruits ) , Earias , efestia , cutworms , prays , black donut and other defoliating caterpillars and fruit eaters , drills and other caterpillars , ceratitis ( fruit fly ) , Colorado potato beetle , rizoperta , Tribolium and other beetles and other insects.
DIMETHOATE 40 % : control mealybugs , leaf miners , aphids and tripses .
Obviously , there are other pests and diseases that may require the use of more specific treatments such as mites .
Keep containers in a safe place out of reach of children and persons unfamiliar with its application and use .
Always uses the lowest recommended dose .
It is advisable to use alternative to prevent pests from becoming resistant .
Make your own schedule of treatments to your plants depending on the season .